Device Hub Lacking External Display Option

Since the XCode 27 came out with the device hub, I can't found the option "External Display"!

This is outrageous, since I have an app that only works with a external display connected!

This menu existed on the menu bar of the simulators, but since the simulators was replaced by the device hub, I can't debug or test my app anymore!

The old menu was on I/O > External Displays. Now it's lacking.

You can manage virtual external displays for physical devices if you want to test the external display experience.

It is not supported for simulators through Device Hub. If this is something you relied on, please file feedback at bugreport.apple.com. If you do, please include an example of an application for which this worked in Simulator with iOS 26 because my understanding is that this feature has been completely unusable in iOS simulators for a few years. I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing, thanks!

My app, Origami, it's basically Samsung Dex for iPhone. I've developed the whole app using the external display simulator! And it's running on iOS 27! I had to rely on this old simulator from a hacked Xcode 26.

As a (poor) workaround you can use these commands (in a the terminal) to activate an external display:

xcrun simctl io booted screenConfig --display=2 power on
xcrun simctl io booted screenConfig --display=2 geometry 1920x1080

(Make sure only one device is booted, or replace "booted" with the simulator ID).

Then whenever you need to see what is on the external display:

xcrun simctl io booted screenshot --display=2 screenshot.png
Device Hub Lacking External Display Option
 
 
Q