Coordinate media playback with Group Activities

RSS for tag

Discuss the WWDC21 session Coordinate media playback with Group Activities.

Posts under wwdc21-10225 tag

5 Posts

Post

Replies

Boosts

Views

Activity

Group Session is not generated if the user didn't launch the app before.
Hi, I'm testing group activity for video with 3 test cases. For all tests, both users are connected by Face Time. Both users launch the app then tries share play -> OK One user launches the app then move it to background, the other user tries share play -> OK But case 3. One user kills the app, the other user launches the app and try share play -> It's not working. Share play popup is displayed, and first user touches the popup, then the app is launched. but group session await is not working properly. for await groupSession in MovieWatchingActivity.sessions() { self.groupSession = groupSession This code (2nd line) is never called in case 3. Maybe I missed something? Thanks.
0
0
768
Mar ’22
How to correctly request foreground presentation when using GroupActivity?
Details I'm working on a video streaming app, and we've implemented GroupActivity for SharePlay. The app doesn't support PiP. Based on the documentation we found, we can use the function requestForegroundPresentation described here. I was trying to call this function when the GroupSession is in waiting and joined states, but nothing happens on the user's device. There is no banner to explain anything The WWDC videos doesn't show an example, they just mention this feature, and it's unclear how it should work. Tried the api in the sample project supporting_coordinated_media_playback, and same result
0
0
1.2k
Jan ’22
Playback does not sync while coordinating with Group Session
I am attempting to support SharePlay for live video in my app. I am calling playbackCoordinator.coordinateWithSession(_:) on my AVPlayer instance with a successfully joined session and both video playback and playback controls are not syncing across devices. I have installed the SharePlay developer profile on both devices. I verified that I am receiving and joining session objects on all devices and passing it along to the player’s playback coordinator. All session states and activity events are successfully being sent & received; however, playback and playback controls are still not syncing across the devices. Are there any other criteria for playback coordination that I could be missing? Perhaps something I should not be doing with regards to the player? Does SharePlay not work for live video?
1
0
1.4k
Oct ’21
Group Session is not generated if the user didn't launch the app before.
Hi, I'm testing group activity for video with 3 test cases. For all tests, both users are connected by Face Time. Both users launch the app then tries share play -> OK One user launches the app then move it to background, the other user tries share play -> OK But case 3. One user kills the app, the other user launches the app and try share play -> It's not working. Share play popup is displayed, and first user touches the popup, then the app is launched. but group session await is not working properly. for await groupSession in MovieWatchingActivity.sessions() { self.groupSession = groupSession This code (2nd line) is never called in case 3. Maybe I missed something? Thanks.
Replies
0
Boosts
0
Views
768
Activity
Mar ’22
Unsupported Activity popup on tvOS
I'm working on Group Activities for our video app. When I start a video from Apple TV, it's fine to sync it with other user's iPhone device. but inverse case, it's not working. And in some cases, I saw "Unsupported Activity : The active SharePlay activity is not supported on this Apple TV" What did I miss or wrong something?
Replies
3
Boosts
0
Views
1.4k
Activity
Mar ’22
How to correctly request foreground presentation when using GroupActivity?
Details I'm working on a video streaming app, and we've implemented GroupActivity for SharePlay. The app doesn't support PiP. Based on the documentation we found, we can use the function requestForegroundPresentation described here. I was trying to call this function when the GroupSession is in waiting and joined states, but nothing happens on the user's device. There is no banner to explain anything The WWDC videos doesn't show an example, they just mention this feature, and it's unclear how it should work. Tried the api in the sample project supporting_coordinated_media_playback, and same result
Replies
0
Boosts
0
Views
1.2k
Activity
Jan ’22
Playback does not sync while coordinating with Group Session
I am attempting to support SharePlay for live video in my app. I am calling playbackCoordinator.coordinateWithSession(_:) on my AVPlayer instance with a successfully joined session and both video playback and playback controls are not syncing across devices. I have installed the SharePlay developer profile on both devices. I verified that I am receiving and joining session objects on all devices and passing it along to the player’s playback coordinator. All session states and activity events are successfully being sent & received; however, playback and playback controls are still not syncing across the devices. Are there any other criteria for playback coordination that I could be missing? Perhaps something I should not be doing with regards to the player? Does SharePlay not work for live video?
Replies
1
Boosts
0
Views
1.4k
Activity
Oct ’21
comment trouver ou rejoindre un club de programmation Swift
je cherche a créer ou rejoindre un club de programmation Swift,de préférencence des français,si quelqu'un est intéressé par cet idée je vous invite a m'envoyer un message
Replies
2
Boosts
0
Views
652
Activity
Oct ’21