Can’t generate MusicKit developer tokens on 27.2 b2

On both iOS & macOS 27.2 Beta 2 the call:

let token = try await MusicDataRequest.tokenProvider.developerToken(options: [.ignoreCache])

is throwing an error.

I can reproduce this on all of my 27.2 Beta 2 devices and I have users worldwide reaching out to me with this issue. The error that gets thrown is:

Unknown error "Error returned from daemon: Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=9 "(null)""

Have raised FB24895830.

Same beta here, one step further along.

iPhone 15 Pro on iOS 27.2 beta 2 (24B5089g), Xcode 27.2 beta. This exact code was reading the library through MusicDataRequest on iOS 27.0. On 27.2 the on-device library still comes back (159 artists), then every request dies while refreshing the user token:

ICError -7101, "Missing requesting bundle identifier for user token request."

The account lookup fails too: ICError -7013, "Client is not entitled to access account store," and the DSID never comes back.

I haven't called developerToken(options: [.ignoreCache]), so I can't confirm the accounts Code=9, but personalized requests are already dead at the user-token step.

Thanks for the Feedback number, we are actively investigating this.

A little more detail, in case it's useful: I'm now getting past the line of code above but I'm failing when generating user tokens. So:

let developer = try await MusicDataRequest.tokenProvider.developerToken(options: [.ignoreCache])
let token = try await MusicDataRequest.tokenProvider.userToken(for: developer, options: [.ignoreCache])

is now failing on the second line, not the first.

I think I got to this point by completely signing-out of Media & Purchases and then signing back in again.

This is now documented in FB24959416.

Can’t generate MusicKit developer tokens on 27.2 b2
 
 
Q