Possible typo in concurrency diagram (WWDC25: Elevate an app with Swift concurrency)

Hello,

While watching WWDC25: Code-along: Elevate an app with Swift concurrency at timestamp 25:48, I noticed something in the slide/diagram that might be incorrect.

The diagram shows ExtractSticker twice, but based on the code context and spoken explanation, I think it was meant to be ExtractSticker and ExtractColor.

Reasoning:

  • The surrounding code and narration describe the use of async let and a Sendable Data object.
  • From the flow, one task extracts a sticker while the other extracts a color, so it seems like the diagram is inconsistent.
  • I do understand that with @concurrent, having two ExtractSticker operations on the same Data is technically possible (with two concurrent process executing their respective ExtractSticker) — but that would be a different meaning than what the talk was describing.

Since concurrency is already a subtle and error-prone topic, I thought it was worth pointing this out. If I’m mistaken, I’d love clarification. Otherwise, this could be a small correction to keep things aligned and clearer for everyone.

Minor point overall, but Swift 6’s concurrency model is doing a fantastic job at helping us write safer code—so thank you to the team for that!

(Attaching screenshots for reference)

Answered by DTS Engineer in 855292022
I noticed something in the slide/diagram that might be incorrect.

Yeah, I think you’re right. I’d appreciate you filing a bug against that video, and then posting your bug number here, just for the record.

Swift 6’s concurrency model is doing a fantastic job at helping us write safer code—so thank you to the team for that!

That’s great news, and I’ll pass that along to the team.

Share and Enjoy
—
Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer
I noticed something in the slide/diagram that might be incorrect.

Yeah, I think you’re right. I’d appreciate you filing a bug against that video, and then posting your bug number here, just for the record.

Swift 6’s concurrency model is doing a fantastic job at helping us write safer code—so thank you to the team for that!

That’s great news, and I’ll pass that along to the team.

Share and Enjoy
—
Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for the confirmation! I’ve filed the bug as FB19881107.

Possible typo in concurrency diagram (WWDC25: Elevate an app with Swift concurrency)
 
 
Q