Open any Swift view from C++

I've narrowed down my question after many rabbit holes - how can C++ code open any view in Swift. I can call functions in swift from C++ (works great), but not async or main actor (or actor at all) functions. And if I'm not mistaken all views are actors if not main actors? When calling from C+ I think its necessary that the first view be the main actor?

I've implemented the code from the WWDC23 C++ interop video (Zoe's image picker) where I made a view in a struct, and just want to call it and let the view do the work.

The compiler immediately gives me 'cannot expose main actors to C++'. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't this block the opening of any kind of swift view from C++? Hopefully I'm missing something obvious, which is likely :)

In Zoe's code was his entry point into the program still Swift and not actually C++ app?

Thanks!

Thanks!

You’ve got a few threads going here, all covering roughly the same topic. I’m gonna respond on this one and we can come back here if there’s need.

Share and Enjoy
—
Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Open any Swift view from C++
 
 
Q